Please Read before applying for a parrot
How Does Re-homing Work?
All the parrots that come into Parrot Rescue UK are looking for a new home so we offer an life long adoption programme, the parrots arrive with all-sort's of needs. Once the parrots come into us they are placed in the adoption programme and we have a dedicated team that run the re-homing programme.
- Once you have registered as a PR|UK member (NOT Free Community Membership) you apply for your chosen parrot on line using the on-line Re-homing form. This form is a small questionnaire to help us find the right bird for you! and the best home for the parrot!
- Once you have submitted the form you will receive a call from one of our re-homing officers to discuss your application with you. The rehoming team have full access to the parrots history and can answer any questions that you might have with regards to your application.
- We then arrange for your free home visit by a Parrot Welfare Officer. The Parrot Welfare Officer will relay his/her findings to the re-homing team.
- Once your application procedure is complete you will be notified by the re homing team and arrangements made for you to collect the parrot from the holding home.
- All our birds visit an avian vet when they arrive and a full health check carried out.
There is an adoption fee which is payable when you sign the adoption form, this amount varies but is clearly displayed with the parrot at the point of application. The adoption charge includes the cost of veterinary tests, treatment, general costs of caring for the bird such as special dietary needs, and a small donation to cover any administration costs. (For More Information on Adoption Fee's Please Click Here